Netgear router setup (routerlogin.net)
Netgear has been on the top of the networking industry in producing some of the most efficient and highly reliable wireless networking equipment. Moreover, the Nighthawk and Orbi series from Netgear has changed the whole outlook of the modern day Wi-Fi networking by inducing the highest possible network and internet speed on the devices. Netgear Nighthawk routers and Orbi Wi-Fi Mesh systems are the latest two achievements of Netgear through which the whole brand is looking forward.
Netgear not only delivers the high tech routers, but it also delivers the other networking related devices like the modems, switch access points, Ethernet cords and range extenders etc. Moreover, Netgear also deals in the video surveillance cameras i.e. The Arlo camera series that further have numerous models. These cameras are best in class and have an industry grade build that lasts for years. These Arlo cameras are packed with some of the amazing and useful features like Motion sensing, audio output, Night vision, and HD imaging etc.
What is routerlogin.net setup?
The Netgear users find it difficult to log in to their routers through the router’s default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. which is surely a bit complex as it is a numerical address plus these are like some codes to remember. Most often the users ended up entering the wrong IP address of the router and the access to the login page of the router setup was denied.
Considering the priority of this issue, Netgear started working on its own predefined web address that could be much easier to remember and access by the user. This web domain that Netgear developed is www.routerlogin.net which sounds quite convenient and user-friendly. However, the users can still access their router’s setup page through the default IP address of the router.
List of some most widely used Netgear routers
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200
- Netgear Nighthawk AC2600 dual band
- Netgear Orbi Whole home Mesh
- Netgear N600 Dual-band DSL modem/router
- Netgear ProSafe N300 Gigabit router
- Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri-band router
Netgear router setup (routerlogin.net setup)
The Netgear routers are nowadays much easier to set up and configure. The users don’t need to bother about the router’s access. Even the users with less or none prior experience of the router setup can perform the setup.
Let us show how you can easily configure and set up your Netgear router in some easy steps mentioned below.
- Unbox your Netgear router and see if all the necessary components are enclosed in it like the Ethernet cables and the power supply device etc.
- Now, connect your modem to the Internet (WAN) port of the router through a LAN cable.
- Similarly, connect the computer system to one of the LAN ports available on the back side of the router.
- After interconnecting all the devices, switch on the power supply of the router and modem and wait for few seconds till the indicator lights on the front panel get stable. The lights getting stable indicate that you are now connected to limited internet connectivity and you can start with the configuration of the router.
- Open the web updated and compatible web browser of your PC and enter the web address www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of the browser and proceed.
- You will be instantly asked to provide the login credentials like username and the password to get access to the router admin page.
- The default values for most of the Netgear routers username and password is “admin” and “password” respectively.
- Within a fraction of second, the user will be in the router admin setup page from where the whole configuration can be done. Click on the Internet and network settings tab.
- Select an appropriate connection type from the drop-down list of connection types. Some connection types are PPPoE, PPP etc. PPPoE connection type works fine for the internet service.
- Then the user will need to enter a username and the password provided by the Internet service providers. Enter those details and save the connection by clicking the “save and apply” button.
- Now, at the end of the whole process, you will have to click on the save and apply changes button. After which click the reboot now button and all the new changes will be saved.
You are now ready to use your new Netgear router for the Internet and networking purposes.
Updating the Netgear router firmware through routerlogin.net
The firmware of the router is the only virtual thing through which all the crucial commands pass and the router is configured in turn. The user can access the dashboard of the router and various other features like the current network speed and number of devices connected to the router.
Here in this part of the website, let us make you aware about the need of updating the firmware of the Netgear router and how it is done. Read the instructions carefully mentioned below in order to successfully update the firmware of the router.
- It is pre-assumed that your router, modem, and PC are intact in a single network and the power supply of the hardware is on.
- Now, you will need to download the updated firmware for your exact router model from the Netgear Download center of the Netgear support portal.
- Access this web domain www.netgear.com/support to get into the download center. Enter the exact device model of your router in the concerned field.
- Now, download and save the update file for your Netgear router is an easily accessible location of your PC from where you can get it back conveniently.
- Now, open the new tab and enter the web address routerlogin.net in the address bar of the browser and hit enter.
- Authorize the user access at the login page with a default username and the password. You need to log in with your own customized password if you have changed it.
- Then click the router firmware>update tab and you will be asked to browse the update file to locate it in the PC.
- Select and open the downloaded update file to start the upload/install process for the router firmware update.
- Once it is done, the router will get a reboot itself. You are advised to make sure the update and reboot process isn’t interrupted at any cost. Any interruption in the whole process can lead to the firmware corruption. Or the whole router can be rendered useless.
Some important advisory
- It is strongly advised that you should use the wired Ethernet connection for the firmware update as it is much reliable than the wireless one.
- Connect the router, modem and the computer device to a reliable power source outlet which has a continuous power backup.
- Make sure the reboot at the end of the firmware update is done properly as any interruption in that can lead to the malfunctioning of the router.
Resetting the Netgear wireless router
The Netgear wireless routers are although much efficient and rugged in their working but still sometimes the best devices also tend to malfunction. This is primarily due to the wrong use of the router. Some of the possible reasons behind the router’s malfunctioning are listed below.
- Entering the wrong input password multiple times
- Incorrect power supply to the router
- Frequent resets and improper shutdowns of the router
- Forgetting the login details
The router needs to be reset most often in the case when the user has forgotten the login password of the router. In that case, the user is left with no other option but to reset the router. The Netgear router can be reset through one of the two available methods listed below.
- Reset through button
- Reset through routerlogin.net (web interface)
Reset through the reset button
Primary and the most convenient way of resetting the router is through the reset button given on the back panel of the router. Just insert a long pinpointed object like paper pin and paper clip. Keep the reset button pushed for at least 3-5 seconds until the router gets a power cycle (reboot).
Important– you will have to keep the factory reset button pushed until the lights on its indicator panel goes off and on. This will erase all the data written in the router memory.
The user will have to configure the router again so that the internet and network data transmission can be restored.